REVIEW: Naughty Boss by Whitney G.

33117159.jpg
I love Whitney G’s writing but Naughty Boss left me sad…
200_s.gif

This novella had so much potential, but the substance I’m used to from this author was sorely lacking here.

No doubt the email exchanges were funny, yet Mya 1) is sending raunchy emails about her boss to her BFF using the company email or from a company device 2) after the first email goes to Michael instead of her BFF, she’s not extra careful in checking to whom she’s sending said emails?

I thought Mya would be smarter than that!

I didn’t particularly like Michael, but I felt like I could have grown to love him if we got more story here. Unfortunately this novella left me with too many questions at every turn. Then it ends at 70% with the remaining 30% of the book an excerpt from Reasonable Doubt: Volume 1. A novella which I’d read a while ago. Had this been a snippet from a recently released book or WIP, I wouldn’t have been so upset, but a story released in 2014?

If you’re looking for something quick and dirty without much substance, go for it. But don’t go into Naughty Boss with the same high expectations as Ms. Whitney G’s usual books.

My rating: 2.5 of 5 stars

add-to-goodreads

amazon button

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s